Saturday, June 13, 2009

Back in the US

The girls and I have been back 5 days now. It's strange how it almost feels like we never left. It is so much fun to drive again and to see how things have changed or stayed the same. I am enjoying the fact that I can read everything and understand when people talk to me. There are a million places I want to go and do but I've been so busy just these first 5 days and running on very little sleep that I'm happy to just chill out for a while. But today, I'm hittin' Paradiso...OH YEAH! Can you believe I haven't eaten out once since being home?!?!?! And don't get me started on how nice it is to go grocery shopping here!! lol

We got Minneapolis about 9-9:30 Monday night. Stayed the night in a hotel, rented a van the next day and drove to Fargo. I am so happy the entire trip went off without a hitch. I was a little nervous being it was just me with 3 kids and G-ma (who doesn't walk well). But luckily at every airport (except Copenhagen this time) there was a wheelchair waiting to take her to the next gate. We also had 6 big suitcases and two car seats to get through customs and to the hotel, which also made me a bit nervous. Being the only one capable of lifting anything, I felt a bit small. That practically took care of itself as well. Phew!

It's good to be home. What isn't good is being away from my husband. I miss him so much. And I feel so bad for leaving him all alone because I know he's probably bored out of his mind and missing his baby terribly. But I told him he should take advantage of the quiet house that is otherwise alive with chaos when the kids are around. He can play ALL the xbox and computer games he wants!! But that probably doesn't make up for the fact that he can't hug his precious girl. It sucks now, but in a short while we will all be together again. It's gonna be great!!

No comments: