Monday, December 8, 2008

Blondes have more fun??

I decided I wanted to cut my hair. Why not, everyone else in the house is doing it? So I made an appointment for Saturday since Andreas and I were going to be out without kids to do some Christmas shopping anyway. My appointment was at 10:45, I left the salon at 4:15. Yep, I was there 5 ½ hours! Did I mention I was also coloring my hair?

Ok, so I wanted to be blonde. Not just your average blonde I mean REALLY blonde. Always wanted to try it, never could talk my stylist in Fargo into doing it. Here’s why……. 5 ½ hours.

My hair seems to be the stubborn kind that likes to turn yellow or orange when I lighten it. So they had to bleach it, color it, bleach it again and color it two more times to get it right. I am now, what my dad used to refer to light haired people as, a tow head.

And while I was sitting in the chair, my poor honey was wandering the shops by himself, searching for gifts. Now if you know Andreas, you know that he likes to shop about as much as he likes a root canal. Every now and then he would check back to see how things were progressing. He’d look like a puppy with big sad eyes, looking thru the glass at me. I wasn’t exactly super happy about wasting my whole day of shopping and alone time with my husband in a chair either. Not to mention that the only thing I had to eat all day since breakfast was a Clementine and some almonds I had with me.

But in the end, everything turned out. Andreas managed to get most of the items on our list, we got home in the nick of time so our babysitter could catch the bus back home and I finally got my grays colored. I like the color and I LOVE having shorter hair again. Now that I have this ultra blonde thing out of my system I probably won’t need to do it again. I’ll stick with the normal shades that don’t make me look like a Q-tip.

Next crisis heading my way: roots.

No comments: