Tuesday, December 9, 2008

el phantasmo and the chicken run blast-o-rama

Yes, this song is part of my repertoire. I used to be into that alterna-indie-metal-rock stuff back in the day. White Zombie was among my favorites for quite a long while. I think I saw them in concert 3 times. Anyway, I was looking through ALL my music trying to find some new stuff to listen to while running and came across some things that really brought me back. Even though I would never want to go back to those days after growing up and living a "normal" life with a husband and kids, I have to admit, they sure were fun times.


Here's what I used to listen to a lot:
White Zombie - you know this now
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd (saw them in concert, OMG)
Stone Temple Pilots
Marilyn Manson
The Crystal Method
Korn
Limp Bizkit

And now I mostly listen to stuff like:
Coldplay
Ivy
Jens Gad
Brookville
Guardner
John Mayer
Michael Buble
Billie Holiday

I guess I've chilled out quite a bit. I would still like to take out some of my old music sometimes but the language in most isn't really appropriate for kids. Some of it is pretty out there. But, I'm not the only one in the house with odd music tastes. My husband likes Kraftwerk. I mean, have you HEARD Kraftwerk? And I'M the weird one. uh huh.

Every now and then I really get an urge to listen to like techo-electric-ravish stuff too. I've also been known to cut a rug to Hannah Montana. Don't ever tell anyone I said that.

Anyone have a ideas for something to get jiggy to? Fo shizzle ma nizzle! C-dawg in the hizzouse. I have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm so NOT ghetto.


www.urbandictionary.com - find out what "sexting" means. (which, incidentally, is the act of text messaging someone in the hopes of having a sexual encounter with them later) HAHAHA.....this site it GRRRRREAT!

My spell checker SO did not like this post.

No comments: