Thursday, November 5, 2009

Here's to the pessimists

Life is good. I am happy. My family is healthy. I am healthy. We have food to eat. We have a roof over our heads. We have cars that get us where we need to go. I have wonderful children. We have many nice things. Life is good…and I am thankful.

Too often lately I feel like everyone is so negative. We live in a day and age where everything is made so easy for us. Yet we find so much to complain about.

It makes me sad to listen to it and read it day after day. I think I try really hard to exude happiness and optimism but there are times it isn’t easy. That doesn’t mean I stop trying. Everyone has bad days, everyone experiences stress in some way, life is not easy or fair. This is true for EVERYONE, no matter how much you think YOU have it so much worse.

And what seems funny about it is that most of the perpetual “whiners” could probably say the same thing I did in my first paragraph. They are probably blessed with the same things.

So what are you whining about? Think you work harder than everyone else? Think your time is more precious? Think you deserve more than the next person? Like to hold grudges? Consumed by jealousy? Greed? Hate?

What’s with all the negativity? Why can’t you just let it go? How is being unpleasant all the time working out for you? Does it make your life and the lives of people around you better? Do they enjoy listening to you complain all the time? Do you think your life is SO MUCH HARDER than everyone else’s?

Why don’t we all just stop…..take a GOOD LOOK at your life. Look at what you have. Look at everything you should be on your knees thanking God for. Still want to complain?

This is the season to be THANKFUL. Be optimistic, be positive, be uplifting. Be a good friend, parent, spouse. SPREAD HAPPINESS!!

And to conclude my soap box session:

Before you start a rant about how I may have complained on October 24th 2009 at 3:34 pm about the price of tea in China, listen, I realize I complain too. I am human. The point I'm trying to get across is that there is just too many people filling the world with bad juju on a regular basis. To those people I would say, try being completely positive for a day, or two, then maybe a week. See how it miraculously improves the quality of your life.

HAVE A SUPER DAY!!!

No comments: