Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lately


I know I haven't been very faithful to this blog lately. Sorry. The picture above is one from our trip to Winnipeg. I hardly took any pictures on that trip, which is a complete and utter shock to me. I had expected to come home with a thousand pictures to go through. I had 99. Now, had I known that I had 99 pictures on my memory card, I would have NEEDED to take one more to make it an even 100. That's my OCD talking.

Farmor left yesterday evening. She is probably home now. I miss her. It was a lovely 2 weeks. Man, did that go fast! It's been such a whirlwind. But today, it's back to reality. Bigs is back at work and the house seems lonely. I have a TON of things I want/need to do. Laundry is piling up, the house is a mess, I have a gazillion photos to go through and it's already after 9am and I haven't done a thing.

Hanna has been gone for a week with my mom, house/pet sitting for my brother while he and his family are in Colorado. She came back today, briefly, because mom had a doctor appointment to go to. She got here and we were all talking at once. Constantly. It seems like she's been gone a lot this summer. We had so much to say! It's good to have her home. Although she will be gone another 4 days before she is back. Then it will be almost August! Oh my, where has the time gone??

While I am waiting to hear about my trade name registration for my little business venture, I am planning on applying for a job. I still need to do a cover letter and revamp my pathetic resume. It's been 8 years since I've worked outside the home. 8 years! Just the thought of going to an interview gives me cold sweats and sends me into a panic. But, I really want to try. I need to. For myself. I need to take this fear by the horns and show it who's boss! Plus, it would be so cool to be making my own money again. I need a wide angle lens ;) I love being a stay-at-home mom, but with all my kids in school now, I think that the time is right for me to get a job. I want to work. I'm not planning on giving away where I am applying, but I will say that the place suits me VERY well ;) I'm not really expecting to get hired. But I have to try anyway.




No comments: