Friday, August 3, 2012

50 shades

So I finished the 50 Shades trilogy last night. And in all honesty....I'm not sure what the buzz is all about. The first book was pretty interesting. And the ending just left you hanging and so I had to get the second book to find out what happened. But the second book was a lot of the same, over and over. And I had to get the third book because of course I wanted to find out how it ended and see if there was anything different or more interesting happening. To my disappointment, it was, again, much of the same. The small amount of thrilling scenes in the book are short lived. Most of the story is just same shit, different day.

I knew there was going to be a lot of, eh hem, naughtiness in the book. But that is not why I wanted to read it. In fact, there was so much fornicating throughout all three books, that I found it incredibly sickening. So much so that I was to the point in the third book where I would just completely skip over those parts. I would think, "oh here we go again...." and just skim over. And for a book that is supposedly so 'kinky', it really didn't live up to expectations. All I could think was "Is that it??"

I see posts on Facebook where women are just lost after finishing the 3rd book. They don't know what to do now that they've finished the trilogy. Seriously? All the - I'm mad, I'm not mad, I'm mad, I'm not mad, I'm scared, I'm happy, I want this, I don't want this....back and forth, up and down. After all the hype, it was really just a big let down.

I guess I'm always one to go against the grain. It seems like whenever a movie comes out that everyone says is bad, I'll be the one to like it. And vice versa. Honestly, I would much rather read the Twilight series again than 50 Shades. However, I will have to see the movie just to see how they manage it. Hopefully it will be more interesting than the books.

No comments: