Friday, October 24, 2008

Cars



My little Emma has got to be Disney Pixar's biggest fan. She discovered we had the movie 'Cars' in our collection of DVDs and for the past, oh, I'd say 2 or 3 weeks, she will watch nothing else. In the morning as soon as she is changed and is drinking the milk she ever so politely demands, it starts. Cars-o-rama, Cars-a-thon, Cars-fest, Cars-a-palooza, Cars-mania, Cars-fever, Cars, Cars, Cars....you get the idea. She'd watch this show over and over without much break in between if I'd let her. I don't know what it is about this movie. I mean, it's a great movie. I saw it in the theater and the detail in this animation is amazing. The scenery is stunning. The plot is fantastic. It must have won tons of awards. If it didn't, it should have. But for a 2 year old girl to fall in love with it the way Emma has is kind of funny. Sure we went through other phases. There was the Dora DVD, and Scruff ("hi I'm Scruff, happy as can be, whatever the time is I'm always full of beans........"). But we're going for a record with this one. I wonder what the current record is for number of times a person has watched the same movie in a 3 week period. She's gotta be close. Kachow!!

No comments: