Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Emma's haircut

Emma has such cute curly hair. Unfortunately these beautiful curls have a downside. They get really matted up on the backside of her head. And it isn't very fun to try and comb the snarls out. I usually have to suit up in my animal handling apparatus (protective gloves, helmet, face shield, impregnable full body suit), wrangle her in with the ketch-all pole and strap her to the chair. Needless to say, most of the time we just let it go. She looks like Carrot Top minus the biceps. (did anyone realize this guy had a bod like that? anyhoo....)

Well, I decided maybe it was time to try out my hair cutting skills on her. When her hair is actually groomed it is very sweet so thinking about chopping it all off made me a little sad. Also, the thought of trying to get her to sit still whilst I'm hacking away with a sharp scissors in close proximity to delicate eyeballs wasn't really high on my list of fun things to do either. But, I put in a favorite DVD (not Cars, oddly enough), sat her on the couch and worked my mojo. I didn't realize I possessed hair cutting mojo until I was finished. Amazing! I've never cut hair other than an occasional bang trim or when I'd give Barbie a shorter 'do' as a child, but I pulled it off. I'm not one to brag but HELL-O cute shaggy bob!

It went off without a hitch. She sat incredibly still and still has both eyeballs.
Here's the old Emma:




And the new Emma:











See? How cute is that? I might have to start thinking of a career change. Okay, maybe not. But I did good, no?

No comments: