Monday, August 24, 2009

New house and stuff

After searching Fargo for the "perfect" house that fits our needs we have finally found it! We are all SO EXCITED to be in our own space again. We close on September 9th (assuming the appraiser can squeeze us in by then - they are quite busy lately).

Today we are meeting the inspector there and I am going armed with my camera so I can shoot some of the inside for you. I'm looking forward to seeing it again - planning where our furniture will go and which rooms need to be painted and such.

Tomorrow we are getting our air shipment from Denmark after having to deal with customs for weeks. Man, I never realized what a stink they would make over a few foreign bought DVDs. It's not like we bought 500 of them! Anyway, apparently our sea shipment has arrived in Minneapolis and is awaiting clearance from customs also. Hopefully we'll have furniture to fill our house by Christmas.

We went to the airsho on Saturday. Had SO MUCH FUN, I wanted to go again on Sunday. Luckily we were able to see a little from our balcony. (and we got to watch them practice last Friday) I am totally just amazed at the skill of those pilots. I get goose bumps all over when I watch them. I could watch them every day for the rest of my life and never tire of it. Maybe I should have been a pilot. There's still time I guess :-)


No comments: