Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Don't have a heart attack

I hate to shock you with an actual post, but look what I did today:


That is home made "Nutella".

Our family LOVES Nutella. Can you blame us? It's flippin' delicious! But WOW the calories. 100 per tablespoon. Have you ever tried to eat just 1 tablespoon of Nutella? Liar.

The first ingredient listed is sugar. I love the ads for Nutella. Feed your kids good nutritious Nutella! All natural ingredients! Full of healthy hazelnuts! Sugar? Yeah.....about that....

Anyway, I got this recipe from the lovely Flavia Del Monte, who got it from the Dessert Angel cookbook. It's very quick and easy. This is all you need:


Coconut milk, RAW organic honey, dark chocolate and hazelnuts. Just four pure, healthy ingredients. They are still highly caloric, you don't want to be eating it by the cupful just because the ingredients are healthy. But don't shy away because of it. I mean, avocados are very high in fat and calories but oh so good for you. Moderation is the key.

Oh, and did I mention HALF the calories of Nutella??? And less than half the fat. MMmmmm!


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That is beautiful, Charlotte. Seriously. I've never had Nutella, but I'm thinking I should skip it and make my own.