Monday, April 2, 2012

I need a vacation.

How was your weekend? Mine was....well....what did I do again?

I used to get excited for weekends. Time with family, doing things together, having more fun than a typical week day. But these days, we don't seem to do much. My week days and weekends just sort of seem to blend together. Because I do the same old, same old. Nothing is different for me. I crave a little action. Something exciting and different from the usual.

A vacation would be awesome! Keep dreaming, honey.

I keep thinking "one of these days....." God will find me deserving enough of a REAL vacation. Something along the lines of a week in paradise. But I suppose that won't happen until I find a job to pay for it. And then find a companion who would actually want to go with me. I'd take my husband, but I'm not sure he could handle being without his phone for a week.

My sister is trying to convince the family that we should all take a vacation together. I think this is a wonderful idea, however, getting 5 different families to get their schedules and budget in sync for something like this would be difficult. Then there is always the problem deciding where to go and having everyone agree. Still, it's a nice thought. Probably a once in a lifetime opportunity.

If I could go anywhere in the world, my top 5 picks would be Hawaii, the Bahamas, Greece, Italy, & France. I've been to France actually. Spent some time along the coast in a place called Erquy. I was in high school. This was where I was introduced to the wonder of Nutella! I did a significant amount of travelling when I was a kid. I was pretty lucky. I've actually done quite a bit of traveling as an adult since I've been married. I guess that is to be expected when you marry someone who is from a different country.

And I was just in New York last summer! Not exactly a relaxing getaway. Exciting nonetheless. And Duluth the summer before that. Oh boy! I did love it there though. Lake country is beautiful. It reminded me of childhood except there were waterfalls and you couldn't see the other side of the lake.

Still, I long for paradise. I long for a honeymoon. No computers, no phones, no xbox. No mundane chores, no work, no stress. Just quality relaxation. Not lifting a finger. Sitting on a beach. Nothing to do, no where to be, no errands to run. Me and and the hubs. Ah.....what's that like?


No comments: