Thursday, June 28, 2012

Beach bummin'

Went to the beach today. It was hot, 90 degrees, but cloudy so it was perfect. Apparently, Eden doesn't like going to Buffalo River because of all the bugs in the water and she says the sand at Detroit Lakes is softer. So we ended up going to DL. And we had the entire beach to ourselves. I guess mid week on a cloudy day is the time to go. Better than fighting the crowd at the pool, I guess. Of course we had to drive an hour to get there, but that's alright. I am looking forward to spending a few hot summer days at the pool though. Quick drive AND I get free admission for being a gym member ;)


We brought our favorite beach books. Ladybug Girl At The Beach and How Will We Get To The Beach. Of course we didn't read them, they were having too much fun hunting for shells and splashing around.


Tonight I would love to take them to see Brave. We just saw Madagascar 3 a week or so ago and the previews looked good. I think it's a perfect night for pizza and a movie. We'll have to try and talk Pappa into it.

Tomorrow, Eden gets 5 teeth pulled. Hope she does ok. They are just baby teeth that are being stubborn so it shouldn't be that bad. I remember getting teeth pulled when I was a kid. I swear I would have gone again and again just to get the gas. The feeling of floating in that dentist chair. "oh, you want to stick a needle in my mouth? Sure! Crank up the gas while you're at it! Bring out the drill too. Let's have a party!" See, the dentist was killing my brain cells long before I had a chance to do it. I blame him for my stupidity.


No comments: