Friday, August 22, 2008

We have a house



We are all very excited about moving out of this apartment next week. Sounds like Thursday will be the day we get the keys. And our furniture will be here by that time as well. Looking at houses was fun but I'm glad it's over. I'm excited to cook with my own pans and use my own dishes (without cracks and chips) and having more than 3 glasses to drink from is going to be great! I appreciate that we had a roof over our heads the past month and I don't mean to whine constantly about everything that's wrong with this place. The girls will finally be in school and I'll have the house to myself during the day (Emma too). Things are really falling into place. We went out for dinner last night to celebrate. We were going to go Italian but we came upon a Chinese restaurant and ate there instead. It was fantastic! Then, we topped it off with some tiramisu from a small Italian deli just around the corner. One thing I will miss about being in the city is all the fantastic little shops and eateries. The town of Græsted is very quaint and lovely. The main street has 2 "major" grocery stores and a little pizzeria and various other shops. The girls will be able to walk or bike to school. The town is small and situated conveniently among rolling hills and wooded areas. Plenty of horses around so Hanna is thrilled at the prospect of riding lessons. Anyway, that's all for now. Our address will be:
Skovhusvej 35, 3230 Græsted, Denmark

No comments: