Sunday, January 18, 2009

Nerd Prom

So, Andreas and I went to this release party for the accounting software he works on (as a developer), on Friday. It was a black tie event, so we got to dress up. Sitting at the table and looking around, it was like being at 'Nerd Prom' except that we got a 3 course dinner and plenty of booze. At every table, you could here jokes whispered in assembly or binary. After many hours of whining and pouting, I finally got Andreas on the dance floor. This was the first time ever that I have seen him dance and I must say that he sure knows how to cut a rug. I mean, if shaking and convulsing all over the dance floor counts. Maybe he needs to lay off his pills (see previous post).

I promised myself that I wasn't going to drink too much, but since this was the first time out of the house without the kids in 6 months, that promise was a little hard to keep. On the train ride home the next day, I had to concentrate with every ounce of my being to keep my breakfast where it was supposed to be. And BTW, all the Cosmo articles on avoiding hangovers - DON'T WORK. Thank goodness for Alka-Seltzer! But, it was a super duper fun time anyway. Those nerds sure know how to throw a good party! ;)

Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the event itself but I did get some good shots of the view from our hotel room. Since I was slightly impaired from the festivities, only one shot really turned out. Here it is:

No comments: