Saturday, March 28, 2009

Art from Eden



This one says "Mor" backwords (which means mom in Danish - notice the Danish flag :))
I'm not sure if I should be worried or proud that my daughter frequently spells words backwords. All thru preschool I think she wrote her name backwords. But the funny thing about it was she knew she was doing it because when we told her to write it the right way, she could. Hmmmm.....dislexia or talent in disguise?


This is the cutest picture. I don't know where her ideas come from, but I love them.


Once again, the ideas are pretty out there. I love the eyeball. And the Angelina Jolie lips on the fish. I don't like Angelina Jolie.....or Brad Pitt (just FYI).



This one has to be Pappa's favorite. It was actually a valentine she made for him. He thought it was hilarious, and it is, but I can't get over her imagination.



I think this is me and Andreas as cat people. I'm guessing I'm laughing at the suspenders. I'm laughing now thinking of Andreas in suspenders.



Hair off to the side seems to be a staple on all of her drawings of girls as of late.




And in with Eden's saved works of art are some drawings I have done for her. She LOVES it when I take the time to draw her a picture and saves EVERYTHING. She colored over this one and really made it better than I ever could have. (also, proof of the backwords writing too)


Another of my silly drawings, flower people.


And Pappa has done a few too. This is the most endearing picture a father (stepfather) could draw for his child. Him and Eden, walking hand in hand into the sunset. So sweet. He never draws ME pictures like that.

3 comments:

Samantha Nicole Olson said...

did she trace some of those pictures? cuz some of them are really good! :)

Shawn said...

Da Vinci wrote everything backwards...or so I've been told...

Jess said...

okay, freaky preschool teacher talking again but it is absolutely normal for kids to write backwards, mirrored and upside-down as they see letters merely as symbols. They don't necessarily realize that there is a 'right' way to write them because they see them as individual entities and not as part of a whole word even though they write them as so. Or that is what I've read and tell my parents at school anyways. No worries.