Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Oops I did it again

I have successfully bought my husband yet another gift he doesn't want. I really have a natural talent for this, apparently.

The man loves books. He reads them quickly and so has no more new books to read until his mom sends him more or he goes shopping and gets one. So what is the perfect remedy for this constant state of out-of-books-to-read-ness? A kindle. Or so I thought....

Get a new book in a matter of minutes (or seconds) and start reading. Cool right?

But here it sits on the desk, still in the box. He never even took it out to look at it. So I asked him, "Are you ever planning on taking it out of the box?" and he says, "Welllll......."

uh oh

"You don't like it." I said, matter-of-factly.

"It's just that I like the idea of actually having the book." he says.

"Oh" I said, "so you can pack it in a box and keep it in the basement with the other 10 million books taking up oodles of storage space in our basement?"

"But I am hoping to have a library some day." he said.

me: blink....blink

We've been in this house nearly two years, have managed to paint only ONE room, and this is as far as our home improvement ambition has gotten. But we'll have a library someday? uh huh.

Whatever. The point is, I'm a miserable failure at buying gifts for this incredibly picky man so I give up. I give up princess cake making and gift buying. So next year when the hubs turns 41, he's going to unwrap a box with a whole lot of nothing inside. It will probably give him the same amount of disappointment as any other gift I would pick out, he just won't have to return it this time.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

gift vouchers !!!!!!!!!!