Monday, May 23, 2011

the weekend



I find it hard to believe that I haven't been out driving around with my camera looking for beautiful spring flowers to photograph. So this weekend, I took the opportunity to get a few shots of the tree in our front yard. All the flowering trees in the neighborhood are so beautiful and fragrant, I wish they would bloom all summer too.



Even weeds are beautiful in their own way. I love how my two younger girls still pick me weeds =) It's so fun to give mama "flowers".



This is a teddy bear shaped chocolate chip pancake that my 8 year old made for my 5 year old to surprise her before she woke up. She is getting really good at making pancakes. Eden is such an incredible child. I have to keep reminding myself that she is still only 8 because she is so mature and capable of things that even my 13 year old still doesn't do.



"she wears the cone of shame"

Poor Lizzy. She was starting to disturb her stitches and her incision was bleeding so she has to wear the cone of shame. The worst thing about it (for us) is that it stinks so bad from all the drool it catches. She bumps into everything with it. Knocked Emma off a kitchen chair one day. She came at her like a snow plow and just pushed her right off the chair and onto the floor. Not that she meant to.

This pretty much sums up our weekend. Nothing eventful. Unless you count laundry. I am still amazed at the fact that it takes me an ENTIRE week to finish laundry. Just when I finish putting the last of the folded clothes away, it's time to start all over. If there were one reason for not having more children it would be so that I wouldn't have MORE clothes to wash. Laundry for 5 is rough.






No comments: