Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Party

Hanna and Eden's Halloween party was a great success. All the kids were totally digging the decorations and creepy music and silly food. We played some fun games and had our very own little dance party going on for a while. It's a good thing Mamma has a lot of techno music in her iTunes!



Two of the 4 Trick-or-Treaters we got at our door.



Ghoul Punch



My homemade Jell-O. Cuz, you can't buy handy dandy packets of flavored Jell-O here that dissolves in water like a dream. They DO have gelatin sheets that dissolve in water after a painfully long time. The flavor I was going for was lime so I added lime juice and sugar, unfortunately it didn't really turn out that tasty. Also, I didn't have green food coloring so I used blue and it still turned out cool looking. Who cares that it didn't taste like anything, right?



Witches' fingers, pretty self explanatory. Very cool and fun to make too. BTW - roasted almonds are great!



Another kind of 'on the fly' candy. I was going to make my peanut butter eyeballs but I couldn't find any of that white candy coating. So I decided to wrap a hazelnut in nougat, roll it into a ball and cover it in a marzipan coating. Also, decorating the pupil didn't turn out that great either since the chocolate pieces they sell here aren't like our chocolate chips back home. Think bigger and flatter tear drop. So I had to wittle each one down to a small circle. But, I still managed to pull off a VERY tasty eyeball.





In case you were wondering, I'm supposed to be a kid for Halloween. It was a last minute change up from my vampire that I like to do simply because I was lazy. Hey, I'd been working hard the last half a week preparing for the party!



Opening gifts with her friends







One of Hanna's teachers, Janne




Eden as Pippi Longstocking



Hanna also changed costume last minute from a vampire to a devil/angel




Hanna's other teacher but I forget her name! Shame on me!


No comments: