Monday, November 3, 2008

I fear stupid people with access to email

To all who send ridiculous emails alledging Obama won’t recite the Pledge of Allegiance, or that he was sworn in on the Quran, or his campaign is being funded by Hugo Chávez and yadda, yadda, yadda……..What are we, junior high school girls?? Grow up!

It’s stupid to spread this rubbish without the decency to take the time to look up whether the information is true or false. I generally don't even dignify these forwards with a response. It‘s probably the responses that people like this are after! It’s how they get their jollies. You don't see me littering your inboxes with forwards that contain falsities and absurd claims about McCain. I'm not going to vote for him but that doesn't mean I'm going to spread malicious lies to the whole world about him. I’m rising above! I guess the republicans are getting a little nervous.

Snopes.com - rumors debunked. Not just some anonymous, random person throwing out misinformation in the spirit of hate

FactCheck.org - a nonpartisan, nonprofit "consumer advocate" for voters that aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics.

No comments: