Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to me



My cool new rainboots I got for my birthday. (yes, I really wanted rainboots.)



My beautiful flowers from my honey.




The yummalicious cake my husband slaved away baking for me. Ok, he didn't bake it but the only reason he didn't bake one is because I didn't want cake. So this is my non-cake cake I got. I totally didn't want anything sweet after last weekend's gorge-and-barfarama. See, Andreas' mother kicked it up a notch and brought 20 pounds of candy instead of the usual 10. I'm still clutching my gut and howling in pain at the sight of sugar. But did it stop me from eating birthday cake? HELL NO! I looked it straight in the marzipan and said "you are evil and must be destroyed". And now, I'm clutching my gut and howling in pain and promising myself that I'll never do it again. Sounds oddly similar to what I used to say after drinking too much. Did it ever stop me? HELL NO! At least not for many years. Now I'm feeling sick remembering what tequila tastes like. Maybe I'll go have a Toblerone to make myself feel better.

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Happy Birthday Old timer!

CarmenGreseth said...

Happy Birthday. I still remember how tequila tastes and how much we used to have on any given night. Now I am starting to feel quizy. Hope you had a good one.

Jess said...

Hey Chu,
I didn't forget - honest. I obviously didn't get a special message written to you like you did for me but that doesn't mean I love you any less. I hope you had a spectacular day!