Friday, February 12, 2010

Ready for Valentine's Day

I love Valentine's Day. It's hard not to love it, with all the cutesy rosey shades of red and peptobismal. The hearts, chocolates, flowers, fuzzy bears, balloons, and flirty underthingys. It's so cool that there is a day devoted totally to romance and LOVE. Makes me happy. And it's a reason to make it a fun day for my girls as well.

I am prepared with the usual goodies:

Chocolate hearts



Champagne for us



Something special for the kids



Bags-O-Fun for the kids



Festive table decorations



Valentine's Day wouldn't be complete without a heart shaped cake



Chocolate to dip our strawberries



White chocolate for our tuxedo wearing strawberries



Candles



More candles



Heck, I even have some red dishes in my Fiesta collection



More red things: I really love these jar candle holders I got in Denmark




In fact, since they were so cheap and I liked them so much, I bought a bunch of them (they came in all different colors, I choose clear and red). Then, because I am sort of an idiot sometimes, a good lot of them broke. Story for another time.

Santa?!?! What's he still doing hanging around? Doesn't he know Christmas is over?



Hey look, more red! I love this tin!



And of course, window decor



See, we're all set. Now if you have ANY ideas what I should be getting my love for Valentine's day, I'm up for suggestions. (Also birthday ideas would be great...it's less than a month away....and I'm stumped)

No comments: