Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Visit from Gregg & Rana

This weekend we were visited by family. My nephew, Gregg, his wife, Rana, and their two little boys, Isaac and Ethan, were in town visiting my sister, Sue. They live in Rapid City, South Dakota, so it is a bit of a trek for them and two small kiddos. Needless to say, we don't see them much.

In fact, I think it may have been at least 3 years since I've seen Gregg last! He was my buddy growing up. I so loved it when my sister came home and I got to play with Gregg and Amanda. Especially Gregg, since he is only 5 years younger than me. And play we did! We would disappear all weekend long, only to show our faces at meal time (and to do up all the dishes of course). But we didn't mind, as long as we were together. We were inseparable!

We played "peoples", restaurant, barbies, house, spy, swimming, you name it! We weren't like some kids, that need to be glued to their parents all the time. We didn't WANT to be with the adults. It was good times back then.

Boy, what happened? We are grown ups now, with families of our own. Gregg went to college, got married, moved away....I hardly ever see him. My bestest childhood buddy. He made everything 500 times more fun. And laugh, my GOD did we laugh. And he is a giggly person to begin with. I could make him shake with hysteric laughter with just a look. I would use that to my advantage. We'd be sitting at the table eating, and I'd wait until he took a big gulp of milk, then I'd do something to make him laugh until 2 white streams came shooting out of his nose. It was so easy!

Sigh...

Anyway, he has an awesome wife, she is so sweet and beautiful and creative. And those boys....aw, don't get me started! I hardly know them (we don't get together often), but they are the sweetest little things. All of my previous stereotypes of the typical little boy, all wild and crazy and messy and rude are gone. A total misconception. These two are total angels. Well behaved, so polite and cuuuuuuuute! Isaac is the oldest (4), he reminds me so much of Gregg. Looks just like he did when he was that age. And Ethan, is a precious little blond. They are both so light too, like picking up air! Not that they are overly skinny or anything, just like....they have wings that help you out when they are in your arms.

I could go on and on....

And of course my girls had a blast with them. Eden said it was the best day of her life, LOL! And watching Hanna giving Isaac a ride on her back, was just like looking back in time, at Gregg and I. How I long to be a child again some days. To play carefree and imagine the possibilities of a lifetime to come. Now, another generation has their chance.

Hope you had a safe trip back home, Gregg and Rana! I love and miss you guys!


Click HERE to see more pictures from last weekend!

No comments: