Friday, June 4, 2010

5 years ago today

I married the most wonderful man in the world.



It was hot and humid that day. After the ceremony, as we were enjoying the first few hours of being married, it started to rain. No, it wasn't raining, it was pouring.



But today, as we celebrate 5 great (and fast) years together as husband and wife, the sun is shining on us. And that is how I feel our marriage has been.



I have never felt happier, more loved or treated so special as I have since we've been together. I hope that you can say the same thing, honey.



I am loving this life with you and I look forward to many more wonderful years ahead. Whatever path we take, I know it will be incredible as long as we are together. I love you!


Oh, and one more thing. I know this is our day but I can't forget to mention just one other person. My brother, Jeff. He has always been there for me, in good times and bad. Always there with his incredible quick wit. He has the power, over anyone else, to make me laugh. And laugh. And laugh. My dad passed away before Andreas came into my life, so he never had the pleasure of meeting him or seeing us marry. But Jeff stepped in and walked me down the isle to my new life with Andreas. I wonder if he knows how much that meant to me? It made the day even more memorable for me. My big brother, standing with me before walking into the church, trying to calm my nerves with that ever-present sense of humor. I appreciate everything you've done from letting me live with you in college to cooking us fabulous holiday meals and taking us boating and showing never ending hospitality, to this moment below.



I love you!

1 comment:

Chastity said...

Wow, this was so beautiful Charlotte. You really sound truly happy and more importantly you appreciate it. Awesome. It does sound like you have an amazing life! Congrats on 5 years! Hope the next 5 or 50 are just as wonderful!