Thursday, January 12, 2012

I'm cheating

This is how I know there is a God


Today is a scheduled break from my healthy eating habits. While I think it's important to consume healthy foods, I also think it's wise to indulge once in a while too. Since I'm sort of a closet pig (oink), I would go nuts if I didn't get to eat what I love now and then.

I couldn't think of anything else I was craving more....than nachos. Usually when I crave it's something like french fries or pizza. But it's been a while since I've had nachos so I just went crazy. All the best toppings: taco meat, refried beans, sour cream, green onions, chiles, green olives, cheddar cheese (am I missing anything?). I did forget the salsa but there was already so much flavor I didn't miss it. And as you can see, I piled it high!

And ate it all.

That's a 10 1/2 inch dinner plate, my friends.


See my finger trails on the plate? I'm not afraid to eat with my fingers.
And this empty plate is proof to you people (oh, you know who you are) who give me such a bad time about not eating. I EAT! I just don't eat like this all the time, which is how I'm able to stay thin. (oh, and getting exercise helps too)

For lunch, I plan on having last night's leftovers (cannelloni). I had halibut while the rest of the family ate the cannelloni, so I'm excited to get to try them.

For dinner, Italiano~! [again] but I don't mind. Spaghetti Puttenesca with garlic breadsticks and CHOCOLATE CAKE for dessert.

There it is, in all it's fatty sugary splendor.



After dinner ~ cup cake wars. Andreas might be the reigning chopped champion but considering I can whip up a cupcake without even looking at a recipe, I'm pretty sure I got this!

Cocky winning attitude? Check!


No comments: