Friday, March 30, 2012

I feel like I've been totally neglecting this blog since my heart and soul these days has been into my other blog. Sorry 'bout that. But, I'm passionate about it. It's my thing that keeps me sane. Or drives me insane. Is it bad that I can't tell which?


 And besides, we don't do much around here that seems blog worthy. Most of the funny things that happen in this house make good one liners. Here are a few from yesterday:

"Lizzy Bear and the raw chicken lickers" - for a future band name, because, you know, we might start a family band some day. If you assume there is a story behind this, you are correct.

"Captain Disgusto and the butt flavors" - another future band name, maybe? This story might be better left untold.

"Butt trunk" - let's just say I think it's time to start locking the door when we shower around here.

Seriously, it's worth having kids just to listen to the hilarious stuff they come up with.

Right now, we are dealing with a butt obsession. Our little 5 year old (almost 6!) likes to spank other people (mainly Eden) and it happens so often, I think it's just a compulsive reflex sort of thing anymore. Of course, Eden is none too thrilled at getting swatted by her younger sister all the time. On the bus, at school, at home. Emma thinks it's funny. She buckles over with demonic laughter every time she does it. Maybe it's because Eden used to encourage it, like a game - "I dare you to get me again" and it just escalated from there.

Anyway, I'm not too worried about it. 5 year olds can be quirky. So she has a thing for butts. Isn't that like one of the Freudian stages of childhood? Hopefully it's just a stage and won't become a fixation ;)

No comments: