Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Paddy's Day and the energy stealing leprechauns


Look at my green girls.
And look at this gorgeous weather!
Wow!

But what's this.......?


It's my husband, taking a little pre dinner nap. I wonder why he's so tired??

Ah.....I think I see the culprit.


The evidence.
No, not the remote. It's an EMPTY bag of candy.
Sugar crash.

Want to see what I've been up to today?


This table was in the house when we bought it. The top was splattered with paint, the legs were white and pink - basically, a disaster. Andreas sanded the paint off the top and revealed some beautiful natural wood. We kept the legs white. It looked pretty good.
Hanna had been using it as a desk in her room.
But I decided I wanted to give it a new look and add it to our living room instead.
We have a bare corner that needs some decor.
So I figured I'd spray paint the legs black and stain the top a nice cherry oak.
I've only given it two coats of stain, one more should do it.
I almost wouldn't have minded a mahogany either.
But it's looking rather nice with the cherry.
Better than before.


This is how the wood used to look. Notice the "pretty" pink edging
and white legs. Too bad I didn't get a photo of the top before it
got sanded down.

Hope those leprechauns weren't too naughty to you today ;)


No comments: