Saturday, July 16, 2011

Chez Charlot


I played 'real food' restaurant with the girls this morning. My restaurant was called Chez Charlot and I served french classics like boeuf bourguignon and crepes. And my speciality, Charlotte Russe au chocolat.

Of course, I wasn't serving any of this stuff, but it's fun to dream, right? And since no one in this house can speak or read French, I put whatever I wanted on the menu. And the pricing is probably unbearably laughable. But kids don't know the difference or care. It's all about the way the menu looked, and to them, I am the most creative person alive. I really don't want my kids to grow up and realize that my creativity is about as advanced as the average 10 year old.

I put fresh cut flowers from our garden on the table, lit some candles and served them chocolate milk in our "good" glasses. They ordered nachos and pancakes with fruit. Eden even left me a $1 tip. I must have been an awesome waitress.


I love playing with my kids.

No comments: