Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bye bye July

I guess it's time to post something since I haven't done so in a while.

Things are pretty much back to normal for me. My mom said to me yesterday, "So I suppose you are back on your 'diet' again now that you are back". She thinks I'm perpetually on a "diet" and refuses to believe it's actually a lifestyle choice. And I told her that while it was nice to have a week to indulge and not worry about working out, I always feel better when I am on my normal routine. To which she replies, "Well, I just would like to see more meat on those bones." What is it with mothers from her era wanting to fatten up their children? Is there a witch somewhere she's trying to sell to?

Last night my husband and I went out on a date. We got a little dressed up and ate at Santa Lucia. They have the best Greek salad. I could have eaten a giant salad for my main course, it was that good. Usually I am not one to get excited about salads because they never really fill me up. This one did. And then I proceeded to eat canneloni al forno and felt like I could burst at any moment. WHY do I DO that???? What a cow.

The sky is clear and it is a beautiful morning. The only thing that could make it better is breakfast in bed. And obviously that won't happen since I'm already up.....and my husband is watching Meet the Press. I may never see him again.

Hanna went to spend the week with Uncle Jeff and the family in Wahpeton. How fun for her! I will miss her though.

I'm sort of in denial right now that it is the last day of July. How could this have happened? What happened to June? What happened to July? Soon my baby will be in school every day, ALL day and I will be a puddle in the corner, crying my eyes out. Why does time have to go so fast??? I want her to be 3 again. She was so sweet at 3. I guess that means I should get off the computer and spend some time with my family before another 5 years get away from me.

Hope everyone is having a splendid weekend!!

No comments: