Wednesday, October 26, 2011

yummy muesli recipe

I found a great recipe in this month's Food & Wine magazine and thought I'd share it with my health-savvy friends. Although the recipe is for Apple Muesli with Goji Berries, I made mine a bit different since, for starters, I don't know where to find goji berries. So here is my slightly different version of this recipe:

1 large apple, grated
1 cup rolled oats
3 tbsp flax seeds
1 & 1/4 cup coconut water
1 & 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 to 1 cup frozen mixed berries
3 tbsp honey

Combine all ingredients in bowl (except honey), cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, mix in honey and spoon into bowls. Garnish with granola or nuts and berries. Makes 4 servings.

Really the only thing that is different from the magazine's recipe is I subbed frozen berries for the goji berries and left out the salt and mint leaves.

Approximately 250 calories per serving, 3.7g fat, 45g carbs, 5.5g fiber, 26.7g sugar, 12.3g protein (according to recipe analyzer on caloriecount.com)

Personally, the sugar content is a bit high for my liking, but it's from good, natural sources. I probably wouldn't eat it every single day if I wanted to keep my sugar intake low.

No comments: