Sunday, November 13, 2011

37

I turned 37 yesterday. I had a great birthday. Hanna went to the gym with me in the morning and while we were gone, my husband was in the kitchen baking me the most marvelous birthday cake.

Tiramisu cake

Look at all the lovely layers!

There was no way I was going to adhere to my clean diet after he went through all that trouble for me. And it looked far too good to pass up. I mean, tiramisu is one of my all time favorite deserts!

And it was every bit as delicious as it looks. It was a picture perfect layer cake and the taste was phenomenal! What ticks me off is that my husband is a man who cooks like twice a year and he is still able to pull a flawless culinary masterpiece out of his ass. Now if I would have attempted this cake, I'm positive there would have been failure and lots of swearing.

I appreciate him so so much! Thank you for another wonderful birthday, honey. You know how to make me feel so special.

We went out for dinner at Texas Roadhouse because I was feeling like a steak (gotta have my protein). And since I was going to have cake, I thought I might as well go all out and order FRENCH FRIES AND DEEP FRIED PICKLES!!!! Deep fried pickles are probably the best fried creation known to man. It was heaven, heaven, heaven. Until my stomach realized it was being poisoned with unhealthy crap and went "WTF did you just feed me???!!!!" and geeked out. I was in misery ALL night long. This is what happens when you are used to eating healthy food and all of a sudden you feed it french fries, fried pickles and cake. Not fun.

I got a brand new Windows phone. Didn't think it was going to be anything special but oh my gosh, I am addicted to it! I LOVE it! My girls each picked out some sensational holiday scented candles from Bath & Body Works. And I got two of my favorite movies: How to Train Your Dragon and Christmas Vacation.

I love birthdays!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

happy birthday charlotte!! glad you enjoyed your day. i know how you feel about the yummy food - the brain is saying gimme gimme gimme, and the stomach starts heaving 20 mins after you've eaten. back to it this week girl! you are looking pretty darn good for 37!!! (and 3 kids)

carin said...

We were out of town away from technology so HAPPY BIRTHDAY a day late my dear friend! We need to get togethrr soon. Love ya!

Charlotte said...

thank you my dear sweet friends =)