Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Favorites

There are SO so so so so so SOOOOOO many things about the holiday season that I love. Love love and love. It's probably the best month of the year. Despite the fact that it's cold. And really, it hasn't been all that cold here yet. Everyone has their own traditions and favorites: holiday cookies, movies, decorations, songs, etc. And as I said before, there are SO many things I love and would consider favorites, that it's hard (so hard) to narrow them down. But I'm going to try.

Favorite holiday movies
1) Home Alone
2) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
3) Elf
4) How the Grinch Stole Christmas
5) The Family Man

Favorite holiday music
1) I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
2) Baby it's cold outside
3) Anything by Vince Guaraldi Trio
4) O Come O Come Emmanuel by Barlowgirl
5) All the old favorites: Perry Como, Dean Martin, Johnny Mathis, Burl Ives, the list goes on and on....
6) Josh Groban - Oh Holy Night
7) Dan Fogelberg - Same old lang syne
I'd better stop here, I could go on forever, my iTunes Christmas playlist is a mile long

Favorite holiday baking
1) Gingerbread (Andreas' recipe)
2) Fudge
3) Rosettes - except I don't bake these, I buy them. My parents used to make them though. Mmmm.
4) Nutmeg meltaways
5) Almond crescents

Favorite holiday decorations
1) Garland with white lights, pine cones and berries
2) Red and gold seems to be our theme. Although I love silver and white also.
3) The beautiful candelabra we got in Denmark (Swedish design though) that I can't plug in here :(
4) Scandinavian tomte - so cute
5) Old tattered mistletoe from my parents' holiday decorations. So old, so cherished.








Andreas' favorite - sadly, I am not a fan


"Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things"

No comments: