Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

pumpkin pie puff pastries

We didn't have the traditional pumpkin pie this year for Thanksgiving and I kind of missed it. So I whipped these up for after dinner tonight. And they did taste like pumpkin pie!

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving once again. My brother and his wife were gracious hosts and he is a master in the kitchen (just like my dad was). Prime rib, turkey, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, cranberry salad, mashed potatoes so creamy it makes you want to cry....it was a feast among feasts. Great food, great wine, great people, I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend a good old American holiday.


I told you we had great wine!

I have had my Christmas shopping pretty much done for many weeks now so I didn't brave the crazy people that come out of the woodwork for black Friday sales. I feel sorry for people who work in retail. What a nightmare that must be! I don't really understand the need to shop at crazy hours of the night, fighting off hundreds of deal hungry shoppers to save a few bucks. That's just me.

Maybe if car dealerships were in on the madness, I'd think about it. Shopping for a car at 4 am to save thousands of dollars is justifiable. But for everything else, I'll shop at 10am on a Monday, when I'm the least likely to get a black eye from the experience ;)

No comments: