Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's whatev

This week started out blah. I don't know if it had to do with the clouds, or the ritual of climbing the Monday laundry mountain, or that I went a couple days without doing a single thing that even remotely resembled exercise. Maybe it was because I knew I had so much to do and just felt utterly overwhelmed by it. OR, maybe I'm just a big whiner.

But, whatever it was, I seem to be over it. I had a nice quiet evening with my husband last night while the kids had a sleepover at Gram's house. We were able to talk without interruptions (aside from Lizzy barking for attention). And we watched a good movie. It was nice to relax.

I skipped my run last night, in fact, I've skipped a lot of them in the past week. But as long as I still lift weights every other day, I don't feel like an entire failure. I prefer weight training to running anyway.

My kids have 6 days in a row at home starting today. Two convention days and two professional development days and then a weekend in the middle. Pretty cool! It's just too bad we didn't take advantage of it and leave town. I sort of planned a skating party for Hanna's birthday on Saturday anyway. It might be a small turn out though, not a lot of her friends are able to go.

Hanna is going to be 13 next Wednesday. WOW! It's just insane to think that I will be a mother to a teenage girl. It's not like I was overly young when I had her either. I was 23. Still, it seems like not that long ago I was 13. And I certainly don't feel 35! I guess that is what matters. I feel young even though Hanna tells me I'm old. Just yesterday she said that and I was like "35 is NOT old!". But, I probably thought the same thing when I was her age. I said, "35 is the new 16." lol

Halloween is approaching fast and I still don't have all my decorations up! Probably won't do it until that Sunday, just because I know Lizzy would be constantly trying to eat everything. New toys! I wonder how Christmas is going to go? I have a ton of decorations and I will refuse to leave them in boxes because of the dog! This could be war!

Ok, I've rambled long enough about nothing in particular. I'm off to pump some iron.

No comments: