Friday, November 19, 2010

Around the house

Ok, well we are down to 23 guests for Thanksgiving. Mom told me this morning that the Omaha Olson's will not be able to come. Dave's a busy civil engineer and he will be too busy with work. Oh well :( There's always next year.

Nevertheless, I've been busy around the house with mini projects in preparation for the festive holidays approaching. First of all, let me say that our carpet cleaning did wonders for the floor. Just look at how clean it is!!


I promise it won't stay that way for long....unless I follow everyone around with a trash basket.

And since I don't want dog fur all over the nice areas, and keep forgetting to get new gates when I'm out running errands, we have to make do. Makeshift gate #1:


Makeshift gate #2:



Some other odds and ends we've done recently to try and make the house cozier:
New curtains for the den



And we took the old valance from the den and put them in the living room. It worked better with the colors.



Also, I wanted to get rid of our tiny old tv stand. I knew a bigger modern tv console was out of the question so I had been searching online for something that was not going to get me into trouble with the money maker in the family (I am afraid I will shop myself into employment) and I stumbled on this 9 cube cubby thinger. I figured the height would be good for under our tv and perfect for getting our Kinect sensor higher. Not to mention a stylish way to store dvds, games and the baskets hide odds and ends that get left laying around in a flash!
(Emma and I playing Kinect soccer)


(yes I know it isn't centered exactly)


Two of the 4 tables are anxiously awaiting the Thanksgiving feast.



Next week I'll be cleaning and cooking up a storm. I love love love this time of year!

My littlest just got her school pictures back yesterday. They turned out better than I ever imagined! All my girls took BEAUTIFUL pictures this year!


Sorry about the funkiness of that picture, I just shot a quick photo of the magnets on the fridge.

And last but not least, I wanted to show you a beautiful canvas picture of Eden. And a cool and funky wall lamp from IKEA - I am in love with that store. Let's just say our bank account is lucky there isn't one in Fargo!



And let's just say that the canvas may or may not have something to do with my little business I've got cooking up! *wink wink*

Are you ready for Thanksgiving? I'd like to hear what your plans are!

No comments: