Friday, November 12, 2010

Holy crap! 4 more years 'til 40

How did that happen? Wasn't I just 16 yesterday?

It's been a great couple of days. Yesterday, I had sushi with my sista! And the girls had a sleepover at Gram's house so Bigs and I had the house all to ourselves. It was peaceful and wonderful.

This morning, I woke up to the sweet little voices of my children singing me happy birthday, and my beloved brought me breakfast in bed. Could a day start out any more perfect???? Doubt it. Then he went to work and I took Lizzy for a walk. We both really enjoyed the crisp morning air.

And here I am, by myself, nothing to do but whatever I want! Kids are still at Gram's and it's quiet. I guess I'll do what I always do when I'm alone.....crank up iTunes and bust a move! I can't sing or dance to save my soul but you should see me when no one is around! It would probably scar me for life if anyone were to walk in and witness it!

Anyway, I'm 36 today and I feel better than I did at 26! I love my life. I'm happier than ever. I'm grateful that I can say this! And since it's my birthday, I thought I would share MY favorite things! Hey, Oprah does it all the time, like she's so special and everyone cares, I want to be special too!

#1...Let's just get the obvious out there, my family! My husband, kids, mother, sibs, and all the crazy funny loving people that are related to me. You are my favorite!

#2...Canon Rebel T1i. I got you exactly one year ago and love you more every day. You are my favorite!

#3...Plants. Nothing pulls a home together like plants. They give off such a happy cozy vibe. You are my favorite!

#4...Snickers. Of all the chocolate and candy that I've tasted from around the world, you are STILL my favorite!

#5...Weight Training. Another obvious. I'm such an advocate for lifting; it's my passion. Give me a weight bench and 45 minutes and I'm a happy girl. You are my favorite!

#6...Going out for dinner. I love the ambiance of a cozy Italian restaurant, a big glass of red wine and some lobster ravioli (for example). You are my favorite!

#7...Jeggings. I probably shouldn't wear them, but I do. I love the way I feel when I'm in them. You are my favorite!

#8...Christmas. Deorations, cookies, gifts, music, lights, movies, and literally everything festive and cozy. You are my favorite!

#9...Wine. Red. Merlot. Yum. You are my favorite!

#10...iPod. My husband gave one to me the day after I gave birth to Emma. I love it. I use it every day. He keeps asking me if I want an "upgrade" but it's so special to me that I will use it until it craps out. You are my favorite!

#11...Sleeping on freshly washed sheets. Favorite!

#12...Coffee. Favorite!

#13...Playing Pool. I used to be pretty dang good once upon a time. You are my favorite!

#14...Balderdash. Playing this game with my family (especially Jeff) is the funnest thing ever. We laugh so hard we cry! You are my favorite!

#15...Dressing up for Halloween. Favorite!

#16...Slalom water skiing. Favorite!

#17...Dancing at Mr. G's. I miss the days when Amanda and I used to go there. I'd have a couple martinis (cuz I needed that liquid courage) and then dance 'til 2am. I love the music, I love the atmosphere. You are my favorite!

#18...Cooking, cleaning and all those house-wife-y chores. I don't care what people think of it. I like it. Sure, sometimes I wish I were a strong career woman, but at the end of the day, I'd just have to come home to all the house-wife-y chores anyway. Being lucky enough to enjoy the life of a stay-at-home mom...favorite!

#19...My house. It's pretty traditional and there are just a few minor things I would change if I could, but I really love it. I knew the second I stepped through the front door that it was meant for us. You are my favorite!

#20...Rollerskating at Skateland. Because it makes me feel like a kid again. Favorite!

And those are some of my favorite things!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Great list, Charlotte! I hope you wear your jeggings to Skateland. That would be perfect. I'm glad you had such a lovely birthday, because you deserve it.