Thursday, November 4, 2010

Kinect

We have been anxiously awaiting the release of Microsoft's Kinect for xbox 360. Last Christmas, the girls and I really wanted to get a Wii but Andreas assured me that something better was coming. Something that would allow you to play games.....without a controller!

Yesterday, Andreas took his receipt to work (he had actually bought it through work a while ago) and got his Kinect, earlier than the rest of the world. I guess this was because stores were offering it starting at midnight of November 4th, and since the company store wasn't going to be open at midnight, they got to pick theirs up early. Sweet!

This thing is so cool! It recognizes different players - all you have to do is stand up and wave and it'll recognize you. There is no controller, your body is all you need! We were racing cars last night, turning a pretend wheel! You can operate the thing through voice commands too. I felt like I was living in the future! I'm very excited to get the dancing & fitness games.

If you haven't heard of it or seen what it can do, you MUST go here now!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Shaun got the Kinect for his birthday (today) and we're already tired from playing! Which is awesome. Our living room is a little narrow, so I think we'll be rearranging some furniture, but I'm very impressed. Jumping, leaning, swinging my arms: I haven't moved this much since dodge ball in high school.