Friday, January 14, 2011

Insensitive, Despicable Me

So the hubs has been sick the last couple of days. I think it was Tuesday, middle of the night, he woke me up to tell me that he wasn't feeling well and that he was going to go sleep in the basement. I asked him if he'd barfed yet and he said no but he probably would. Not even 3 minutes later, I heard him ralphing in the downstairs toilet. Poor man.

So he went to the basement for the night, where he continued to upchuck every hour until morning. He called me from his cell phone and said he thought he had the norovirus and was certain he would be sick like this for a week. He even told me to cancel his dentist appointment the following Monday.

I had to chuckle a little bit though. I said, "Uh...you want me to cancel your appointment that's 5 days away?" to which he replied "Yes. I've had this before. It lasted about a week." and I said "Well, how do you know it's not just the flu?" he said "Because I don't have any body aches or anything like that". So I said, "But it still sounds like the flu." But he was very adamant about it.

Now, I know he has had this norovirus once before, but how can you tell you have that versus the flu? Plus, none of us got sick and I would think if it was something like that, we'd all have our heads in the toilet. But he insisted it must have been from the hamburger he ate Monday night.

Anyway, he stayed down in the basement, not wanting to come in contact with any of us and get us sick, for the next two days. Which was thoughtful of him because I have not been sick in forever and I'd like it to stay that way. After all, who would run this household if mamma got sick too?

Tonight he came up from solitary confinement and he was looking almost human again. I'm sure his buddies from work are missing him terribly and hope he returns soon so their lives will feel complete again ;)

p.s. Seriously? I could only come up with 3 different words for vomit? Come on, I can do better than that! Puke. Blow chunks. Hork. Toss your cookies. Spew. Retch. Heave. Hurl. Purge. Yack. Regurgitate.

That's more like it.

No comments: