Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Something yummy I bet you've never tried

I want to share something AMAZING with you. K, are you ready? Here goes

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

cauliflower rice

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

You heard me.


This is such a revelation to me. Because there are certain days where I don't eat starches in the evening and so I need to replace them with other foods. For instance, for spaghetti night, I will use a spaghetti squash instead of noodles.

Well, the other day, while researching new dinner ideas, I came across cauliflower rice. There was a video and everything. And I was like, "Wow, that actually looks awesome!". So I tried it tonight and guess what? It was awesome!!!

Basically all you do is clean a head of cauliflower and cut off the florets, put them in a food processor using either the steel blade or the shredder blade. I can't find my shredder blade so I used the plain blade. Then, you put the shredded cauliflower, which is supposed to resemble rice, in a microwave container (covered) and nuke for 4-5 minutes. Mine more resembled couscous in look and taste but that's cool because I love couscous too. But anyway, you put some butter and salt and pepper on it and OMG! So. Good.

I DARE you to try it!!

No comments: