Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Trying out Elements

I have been busy doing nothing in particular but it seems like there are not enough hours in the day to get around to blogging.

I'm of course busy with home and family but also I've been researching a bit about photoshop and thinking about whether or not I want to spring for it. I do, it's just that I'm so used to Gimp that I hate to think of learning all over again in a different program. Much of it is the same, it will just take a bit of getting used to, but still.

And then there is what to get. Do I get CS5, do I get Elements 9, do I try Lightroom?? So I've been trying to read and absorb as much as I can about the main differences and hopefully get an idea of what would be best for me and my uses for it. The cool thing about it is you can actually download the program for 30 days to try it out. And it's not limited in the tools you can use, it's the fully functioning program....30 whole days.....free. Isn't that cool??!!

So first I am trying Elements. For the next 30 days. It is somewhere around $500 cheaper than CS5. That's a big difference.

I also tried editing a picture on Photoshop.com, which is like a quick and dirty way of editing but it's really fabulous. Let me show you an example of what it can do. I was pretty impressed.

This is my handsome nephew, Joe. His eyes are quite something.




I don't know how well you can see the results "blog sized" but full sized on the screen they are pretty great.

No comments: