Sunday, January 2, 2011

A year in pictures

Looking back on the Arff's 2010:

January: It's back to another long cold North Dakota winter



February: I try to make every little holiday special for the girls because I know that to them it's a big deal



March: Battling the flood



April: I sprained my ankle really badly and it would take me a long time to get back to normal



May: We brought home a gorgeous puppy that would change our lives completely



June: We attended the wedding of my sister's step son



July: 4th of July boating with family and fireworks in Wahpeton



August: Eden and Emma would start Just For Kix



September: Eden's big birthday surprise



October: My oldest is a teenager



November: I get a tripod and attempt to do our own Christmas photo again this year



December: This month would FLY by but as always the season was merry and bright



And that is our year in a nutshell.


It's a new year. And many of us welcome the new year because it represents a time for us to make a fresh start. We reflect on the past year, on things we may not be too proud of, and vow to do better.

I seem to make resolutions every week so this behavior is like second nature to me. Maybe this year I should try to actually succeed with one resolution before I'm on to the next one. For instance, in the same week I might be trying to battle more than one demon (using the computer less, being more patient with my kids, trying not to complain as much) and each one is difficult enough on it's own. It's easy to become overwhelmed and mess up, and feel like I've failed [again].

But like everyone else, I'm trying to be the best ME that I can be. For my family and for myself. It's good to set small personal goals. It's even good to set BIG goals. Sometimes it's the scary goals that drive you to succeed. Because saying that you'll wear matching socks at least twice this week and then doing it, isn't really going to make you jump up in the air like "YEAH!". But saying you'll lose 10 pounds by your birthday (and doing it) will. Just don't set your sights too high. The unattainable goals will surely leave you feeling discouraged. You know, like saying you'll meet and marry Rob Pattinson. Probably ain't gonna happen.

But anyway, I do have a few things that I'd like to do in 2011. And here they are:
1)Start a business
2)Peirce my navel
3)Lose that last layer of fat and wear a bikini with confidence BY JUNE
4)De-stress on a nightly basis
5)Take a picture and make a journal entry every single day
6)Learn how to get crisper images out of my camera
7)Take a relaxing mini vacay with my hubby
8)Force feed myself more vegetables

These are the goals I have set for myself. But if I had to pick one stand out official resolution it would be to STRESS LESS about the stupid stuff that I stress out about all the time. I need to learn to just let go, be less uptight and ENJOY LIFE!

1 comment:

Katy said...

What a great recap! I definitely need to work on my consistency of picture taking/journaling. Good luck!