Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Well, I survived Valentine's Day without gorging on sweets (like I did last year, and probably every year before that too). I have made cupcakes, cake, chocolate fondue, bought chocolate and treats of all kinds for my sweet children and husband. Yet, I haven't had a nibble. I am SO proud of kicking my sugar addiction!

I didn't go without a treat though, I made some chocolate protein brownies (no sugar of course) and they were amazing! I'm so glad that I have been able to find tasty alternatives to the real deal. I'm not sure I could do it otherwise.

My girls LOVED their Valentine's goody bags. Emma was so sweet, she kept saying over and over "I love you SO much mom!" I love to make every little "holiday" special for them. What's next? St. Patrick's Day? I guess I've never really done anything for that one. Maybe there will be some chocolate coins in their future?

We took a vote last night and homemade heart shaped pizza was the winner. So we each had our own little pizzas made to our liking. While we ate pizza, the chocolate was melting in the fondue pot and they dunked strawberries for dessert. Followed by chocolate cake. Followed by candy....hey, it's a special day. They can splurge a little.

I got a beautiful bouquet of roses from my sweet man (even though I told him not to get me anything). He is so good to me. It was a great day.

No comments: