Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Another treat idea

Sorry if you are getting sick of healthy food posts but when I think I have hit on an awesome idea, I can't help but want to share it.

I like chocolate. Cakes, cookies, bars, in any form basically. But I don't want to eat it every time I get the urge because, well, I probably wouldn't fit into any of my clothes if I did.

I'm always up for a new and interesting healthy snack. Here's a yummy version of chocolate "mousse". I don't technically know what qualifies as mousse but that is what I call it. Maybe the consistency is more like pudding. But whatever.

Take some plain, unflavored yogurt (I like 0% fat Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt because it has 23 grams of protein in 1 cup) and mix in unsweetened cocoa powder and a sugar substitute like Truvia or Steviva. Quantities depend on how much you make. I use about 1/2 a cup of yogurt, 1-2 tsp cocoa powder and 1 tbsp steviva.

This sweet chocolate yogurt tastes great and the best part - it's GOOD for you! Cocoa powder has more antioxidants than any other forms of chocolate because it's processesd the least. And I've already explained why I use sugar substitutes from the Stevia plant here.

So there you have it. Another tasty favorite of mine for you to try.

No comments: