Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My favorite pic of the night



Chelsea has been living with Grandma since she left my place after surgery. Bless her heart. She has her own apartment, yet she stays with Gram. Helps her around the apartment, takes her places, helps her shower. Gram likes her there. But they can get a little....owly.

For instance, I'll be on the phone with Gram and she and Chelsea will be bickering about something or another. Throwing pillows at each other, etc. It's all in fun, of course. Last night they were bickering over something and Bill said, "How long have you two been married?". It was super funny. They do act like an old married couple though...haha.

Anyway, I think when Chelsea finally does go back to her own apartment, it will feel pretty empty at Gram's place.

Totally unrelated: what is with the obscure facebook status updates some people seem to do all the time? Like, "I'm so totally pissed right now". This is not one I've seen recently, but it has the same effect. It's letting everyone know they are pissed, so that everyone can ask "why" "what's going on" "tell us tell us tell us". And the best part, 99% of the time, these same people won't ever elaborate on it. Why post it? If you want to tell the world that your pissed, why don't you just tell the world why your pissed?

I think it's a way of fishing for attention or empathy. I want to say that I think my husband and his coworkers have a term for people who do this. I'll have to ask him what it is and get back to you. Until then, I'm so glad I've finally let the "cat" out of the "bag" and the "mouse" didn't get the "cheese" because I totally wanted to "do the monkey dance". [you don't know what I'm talking about, but feel free to ask so that I can leave you hanging when I don't explain it...ever]

No comments: