Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Journal Junkie

This is my bedside table




And yes, that is 8 notebooks/journals sitting on top of it. I noticed the large pile last night and decided I should take a picture of it

I am obsessed or addicted or whatever you want to call it, to journals. I write EVERYTHING down. The problem with that is, I can NEVER find what I'm looking for, when I need it, because I have too many important notebooks that I write in on a daily basis. Everything from recipes, to exercises routines, to shopping lists, to to-do lists, nutrition information, "diary" style entries, ideas, photography notes, you name it. I wish I was more organized about it. One notebook for each category maybe?

It's fun to write stuff down. I like the mental sort of release it gives me - like I'm emptying my brain onto paper so I don't have to try and remember it all. But still, I will inevitably forget what I've written and where I've written it. I even like the feel of a pen gliding on paper. It's relaxing.

Here's another funny thing. When I get a pretty new journal, I almost hate to write in it. I don't want to make it less pretty. Or I'm afraid I'll use it up, have no more paper to write in, and will never find another one as cool. As if it matters. I'm starting to realize that I may be a little more of a headcase than I originally thought. (mad laughter)

No comments: