Friday, April 29, 2011

It's not everyday a helicopter lands across the street

But last night, it was one of those days.

We all went out for a walk because the weather was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L yesterday. Just as we were on the home stretch, a helicopter flew over and looked as though it was about to land on top of our house! So we ran home and dashed out into the back yard to see if we could see where it landed. Here is where it landed:


In the parking lot across the street! You can barely see the propeller there behind the white truck. Let's move in for a closer look:



Thanks to my friend, Jess, for the use of her zoom lens for this shot! I don't know why, but we seem to be a little obsessed with airplanes and helicopters in this house. So when one lands across the street, we think it's a big deal.


And there it goes. There was a group of kids from school looking at it while it was on the ground. Obviously the purpose for it landing there. I guess I wasn't even aware that it was legal for them to land just anywhere!


This is completely unrelated to the helicopter but I love this shot and wanted to share it. I love the light and I love how both Eden and Lizzy are just getting ready to take off into a running frenzy. Lizzy did her laps around the yard, like the crazy maniac dog she is.


And then she got pooped out and had to rest on top of Pappa's project (which is replacing the cover on the flower bed).





No comments: