Saturday, August 27, 2011

Emma's trip to Sweden


Emma got to spend a lot of quality time with Farmor on her almost 2 week trip to Sweden this past month. My husband took all the pictures and I think he did a fabulous job capturing the sweet moments between grandmother and her grandchild.


Even though I have been to this area a few times, I am still in awe at the beauty of it. How can I not be? Living in a flat prehistoric lake bed isn't exactly scenic. But the island in which they live seems so quiet and majestic. The houses and countryside are very charming. Here is a small bit of information about the island of Orust.


One of the many wonderful things about Lisbeth is that she is a very "hands-on" grandma. She is either on the floor or on the run, playing with Emma. She gets down to her level and really interacts with her. Plays with her. Gets involved. That's the kind of grandma I hope to be someday.


So many wonderful memories Emma will have of her childhood trips to Sweden. What a special bond she has with her Farmor. She is one lucky girl.

No comments: