Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday

This morning is the kind of morning that makes you glad to be alive. It is perfectly still, it's Sunday - so it's quiet, the sun is shinning....it's gorgeous. I should be sitting on the patio with my coffee instead of blogging.

Yesterday was the Fargo Airsho. Every time I see the Blue Angels fly, I get goosebumps. It is one of the most amazing things I think we, as humans, are capable of. Sure flying to the moon is impressive too, but just witnessing the power, the speed, the precision - it's.....it's.....I don't even know the appropriate word. But I'll say amazing again.

The last time we were there, they had a pull up bar and I desperately wanted to try it. I was going to try it yesterday but I couldn't see one this year. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. I've been practicing my pull ups so I could crank out like 20 of those bad boys. Seriously, how many pull ups can most people do? How many pull ups can most women do? There was a rock climbing wall there too which is something I've always wanted to try also.

Of course there is the regular line up of terrible food: giant corn dogs, pizza, ice cream, beer, and the thing my inner demon screams at me to buy....the funnel cake. Of course I didn't give in, but the smell was almost intoxicating! I haven't had one in many years :( Why can't they have at least one tent with healthier options? It doesn't matter though, I didn't go there to eat.

I went out for a run last night around 8:30, the girls came with me on their bikes. They have been doing that all week and I really like that. Yesterday, I cleaned up the house: finished folding laundry, dusted, vacuumed, mowed the lawn, etc. We've been doing quite well, just the three of us. It's been peaceful and relaxing. No stress. I'm really going to miss these summer days.

I still have a lot I'd like to do in this next week. I'd still like to get a room painted or try to tear down the awful border in the living room. My sister and I are attempting a garage sale next Saturday so I have to clean out the garage and get stuff ready. NOT looking forward to it. But I really hope to unload some of the junk. I mean, good stuff we don't use ;) So, swing by and take a look at our "good stuff" next Saturday from 8 to 3!

No comments: