Friday, August 26, 2011

First day of school success


First day of school yesterday was a breeze. The only "glitch", if you can even call it that, was that Emma was awake at 4am. Starving. My gracious husband got up with her so she could eat. Then they came back to bed and we attempted to sleep a little longer. It didn't really happen though.

I was a little concerned that her new earlier bedtime was to blame for the ridiculously early morning. But since we had to wake her up at 6:45 this morning, I think it's pretty safe to say she was still running on Sweden time.

My little darling was eating her bedtime snack when I went out for a jog last night and by the time I came back, she had already been asleep for a half an hour (according to Bigs). Wow! We are two for two on successful bedtime!

Wednesday night I tried to bribe the crew into taking a walk with me. It was such a beautiful evening and it seemed such a waste not to get out and enjoy it. So I said, if you take a walk with me, I'll go to the store and buy everyone a donut to celebrate back to school. (seriously, getting my family to take walks is like pulling teeth) Of course everyone thought that was a perfect deal. Andreas counter offered with a trip to the dog park instead but I insisted on a walk. I honestly don't understand why the man avoids any and all forms of exercise like the plague.

But, I got my wish and we all went for an evening stroll. It didn't end up to be the perfect walk though because Emma tripped on her flip flops (Emma and flip flops do NOT mesh well) and skinned her knee to match her already beat up face. While in Sweden she took a header off Farmor's retaining wall - another flip flop mishap. So I carried her on my back about half of the way.







She runs everywhere. Always running. I'm thinking of changing her name to Forrest.

And here she is in her kindergarten classroom on the first day of school. Sitting next to her new friend, Drew, whom she calls "Drool" and adamantly protests when you try to correct her. I figure one day Drew will get sick of getting called Drool and set her straight.



No comments: