Friday, August 12, 2011

Nothing much

Yesterday the girls and I went school shopping. I was dreading this experience but I was pleasantly surprised by how well it went.

We went to the mall first, got shoes and a couple other things. Then, on our way to Old Navy we stopped at Extreme Pita for lunch and decided as long as we were right there, why not stop in Gordman's. Boy am I glad we did! That store is fabulous. The girls found tons of stuff there and best part is, not only are the clothes cute, but they are inexpensive. We bought shirts for as little as $3 and nothing we bought was over $12! Needless to say, we never made it to Old Navy. We still need to find jeans for Hanna. That is always the hardest part. She is short and finding a good fitting jean is always difficult.

It was a fun shopping day because we didn't have to worry about time at all. It's so much more enjoyable when you can take your time and look around, not having to worry about getting home to cook supper or pick someone up somewhere or make it to an appointment. Just so relaxing! What a great day.

Hanna ran into a friend of hers from years ago, back before we moved to Denmark. We used to live on the other side of town and there was this sweet girl who Hanna used to play with. She ended up moving, so so did we. Well, she is back and they ran into each other at the store. How lucky! I am happy too because she is one of those friends every mother would want her daughter to have; sweet, good natured, great influence. They're having a sleepover tonight to catch up.

Today, I don't really have anything planned. It would be nice to just hang out at home and not do much. I suppose the time for mowing the lawn, doing the laundry and all that fun stuff is drawing near. This weekend is the AirSho and I am always really excited to go. I love watching the Blue Angels, they give me chills! We could hear them practicing yesterday and I think if we stay home today, we will get a chance to see even better.

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

No comments: