Friday, September 12, 2008

Emma's Trademark


This is my little girl with her "bank" (blanket). Oh, it doesn't look like a blanket, you say? That's because it's one of pappa's old shirts. I had a pile of old clothes laying on the floor of our closet, waiting to be taken to the thrift store. Emma had discovered this pile of clothes one night and became particularly interested in a soft gray shirt. She immediately fell in love with it and the two soon became inseparable. I really disliked having to drag an old shirt around to the grocery store, doctors office and everywhere else. We decided maybe it might be nice if we cut the arms and collar off so it was a little less obvious that it was a shirt. I guess I eventually came to terms with the fact that the blanket my daughter was going to carry around for the next 5 to 8 years was an old shirt, rather than a real blanket adorned with hearts and stars and other cutesy baby-ish objects. (needless to say, pappa thoroughly enjoys this little connection between father and daughter) Now, it's become an automatic habit for Emma to put the armhole of "bank" over her head and walk around as if to be wearing a cape. I thought I'd share with you a picture of this peculiar, yet adorable little quirk.

No comments: